Spring is showing its beautiful face lately and we're taking advantage of the warm weather. Bailey loves being outside and going to the park. When she's not shoving mulch in her mouth, she's crawling up every set of steps she can find. That step climbing has translated to "fun" at home too. Having a crawler in a split level house is NO FUN! We have a baby gate at the top of our upstairs (7 steps down), but she hasn't yet shown any interest in going down. But nothing can stop her from going UP. I guess we'll have to get some more gates around here because it is impossible for me to make dinner - the second I set her down she is off crawling up the steps. She is also pulling up on everything! She is showing some interest in walking - she enjoys walking when we hold her hands and she is starting to try to get from couch to table. But she's not really cruising or anything yet.
Look how big they are getting - can you believe Bailey will be 1 in 2 weeks!
Isabella continues to grow up too. Her latest catch phrase is "sure". Isabella, let's wash our hands and get ready for dinner. "Ok, sure. Sure, Mom." I love it!
There was so much more I wanted to write about tonight but I can't think of what it was. Life is still quite busy around here. Work has been busy for both of us and Nick is even busier due to his classes. I was so happy to see the time change so now we can take walks and play outside after dinner.
In case you missed this on Facebook, here is a very funny video of Bailey on the steps. This was before she actually started climbing up all of our steps. She had made it onto the first step one day and spun around really fast to sit down. Well, that propelled her off the step and she rolled all the way off and onto her belly, popping her head up. Isabella and I thought it was hilarious and started cracking up, which made Bailey laugh. That started a new "trick" of trying to fall off the steps. I wish that phase had lasted longer - the one step climb and fall. At least she doesn't try to do this when she is climbing up 4 or 7 steps.
No comments:
Post a Comment