Saturday, April 25, 2009

Ewww ewww ewww ewww ewww GROSSSSSSS

After 18 months of diapers (including the past 8 months of cloth diapers, many of which we often have to dunk in the toilet and squeeze out by hand...), I didn't think there could be too much else that would gross me out.


UNTIL TODAY!!

Isabella did not take a nap today, but did enjoy over an hour of "quiet time" in her crib; this is a pretty regular occurrence, especially now that she is feeling better. Once she started getting fussy, Nick went in there to get her...

SHE WAS COVERED IN POOP!!

I mean, she must have pooped, then TAKEN OFF HER DIAPER! So it was EVERYWHERE! It was all over her bed, her blanket, her stuffed animals. It was all over her clothes. It was IN HER HAIR! I mean, clumps of it were smashed in her hair. And her fingernails were covered in it, and it was so sticky that it was really hard to get off.

It must have happened fairly early in her nap because it was a little dried out once we got in there. So she got a bath, immediately followed by a shower. And all of her bedding, etc got washed immediately.

It was the nastiest thing EVER!

Of course, she has so much hair that even after 2 washings and lots of rinsings, when I was combing her hair afterwards, I found another bit of poo.

GROSS!!

I was thankful for two things:
1. Nick was not working today.
2. We did not have a showing this afternoon. (The whole house smelled like poop for a little while, eww).

Do you want pictures?

Don't worry, I didn't take any. I do kind of wish I had gotten it on video though. Nick says he now knows the first story he is telling at Isabella's wedding. But what would childhood be if it weren't for a bed full of poop or throw-up?

Anyway...

We have had 2 showings this weekend, one yesterday and one today. Evidently, the couple from last weekend who was pretty interested in the house bought another house. Boo. So we keep crossing our fingers and waiting waiting waiting...

1 comment:

Cherio said...

ewwwwwwww! I thought I was lucky it never happened to us, so many I know that their kiddo's went thru that! girlllll, I feel for you!! definitely not for the wedding!! love you guys!