Monday, October 18, 2010

5 whole pounds!

Look at those teeth!




Enough is enough, Mommy!

Bailey had her 6 month appointment last week. She is shy of Isabella by 5 whole pounds! In just 6 months the difference is 5 pounds, when she was born weighing slightly more! I think she's about an inch shy in length, which is about how she's always been. It is the Jennifer and Annie syndrome. I only weighed 2 oz more than Annie at birth but wow did we grow up to be different sizes! Bailey is verrry proportionate - about 75-80% in height, weight, and head circumference.

Bailey is as sweet as can be. We're officially done swaddling. She was able to flip over while swaddled, so that's how we knew it was time to give it up. She has actually done very well with the transition. She goes to sleep well but sometimes has a harder time falling back asleep if she wakes up oh, between 2 and 4 in the morning. Not quite time to nurse again, so we're trying to get her to fall back asleep without that. She's getting better.

She is still enjoying eating solids. She's eating bananas, peas, rice, sweet potatoes, winter squash, and avocado. Not sure what we'll add next. She was eating 1 meal a day but we just added lunch today.

She has been having some trouble napping. The doctor thinks it might be separation anxiety. Usually they hit it later on but she observed it when I left Bailey's sight and she started looking around for me and getting upset. Luckily, that is just a phase and hopefully a short one!

She is starting to increase her babbling some and she has the cutest little screechy laugh that I'll try to get on video soon.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Kirstin C said...

I need some baby Bailey time!! :) She's getting SO big! That is too funny that she's 5 pounds shy of Isabella at 6 months!!! :) I think Allyn's going to outweigh Riley at some point!!! :)

Guylene said...

Yeah for working mommy of two who managed to post another update on the girls!