Thursday, October 4, 2007

CHANGE OF PLANS!!

So after going to the doctor yesterday and finding out that Isabella is doing fine and that my body is much more prepared for labor than it was a week ago, we decided to call off tonight's induction. Hopefully, she'll come on her own this weekend, but if not, we have an appointment set up for Monday at 6:30 am. We won't be cancelling that one - we will be SO READY (as if we're not already) for her to be here. The good thing about that appointment is that my favorite midwife is on duty that day, so if I have to be induced, I'm in good hands!

We decided to keep to the same plans at work - yesterday was the last day for both of us. Today we mostly just hung around the house. We had a surprize guest for lunch - Jason Petersen was passing through, so it was really good to see him. We have been on a walk, and I have spent many hours folding, sealing, and affixing labels to the school newsletter (check it out online, it was one of my big projects at work: http://www.guilfordday.org/news/challenger.html ) We just got back from the movies (it will be a long time before we do that again!). We saw Superbad, which was quite funny.

One of the reasons we decided to cancel the induction is because of how good I am feeling! I never ever would have thought that at 41 1/2 weeks pregnant I'd be feeling so good! So I figured that since I am not miserable and I am getting a lot of good sleep, then we'd give nature a few more days to take its course. So hopefully we won't be needing that Monday appointment! We'll keep you posted!

No comments: