
So. 39 weeks! Can you believe it? Look at that belly!
At our doctor's appointment last Friday we found out that I am 1 cm dialated and 75% effaced. That doesn't give any clue about the timeline for labor, but it does mean that my body is doing what it should be to get ready. I have still been feeling pretty good, but I have been feeling a little pain and pressure - she's on her way for sure!
Nick describes it as "its as if we know we're getting a REALLY REALLY great Christmas present, but we just have to wait for it." I guess the difference is that we don't know when "Christmas" is going to arrive! :)
Even though we don't know when she'll come, I do know that each day I wake up I am one day closer to meeting our daughter, whether it is tomorrow or not for another 2 weeks!
Nick has been busy with his tools lately. He built a gate for one side of the deck and some steps down the other side. You can see his handiwork in the picture. I have been busy...umm...I have been busy...taking up the couch! I am still working, which is really good for me, but at home I mostly just lay around. I'm trying to walk as much as I can. Even though I have a big belly I don't really feel that it is hampering my mobility all that much. But I definitely wake up every time I have to roll over, because that is quite an ordeal.This morning I was late for a meeting and of course, everyone thought that I was in the hospital! I'm not even late yet, and people think that I should be delivering already! Of course, it will be any day now. Mom says that she can't come Wednesday or Thursday because Dad will be out of town. We'll see!
As promised, more pictures of the nursery!
1 comment:
Glad we could assist with another couch for you to sit on this evening. In the fresh evening air to boot! Can't wait to meet yer little one. Yee haw.
Post a Comment