Thursday, September 20, 2007

At Work

I am SO thankful that my job has worked out so well for me this fall. As much as I love teaching, it has been a blessing not to have to be in the classroom everyday as I prepare for delivery. I have been getting to do all kinds of exciting "behind the scenes" things for the school, like updating the website, writing curriculum guides, making the IEP process easier and more streamlined, and creating the quarterly newsletter. I like working on the computer, although it does get a little lonely sometimes.

So today I decided to sit in on a class and soak up some energy, because I am seriously needing that lately! I went to Sonja's dance/movement class. Today's group was the youngest 8 students that we have at school, the 1st and 2nd graders. They DO have a lot of energy! But what they don't have is a true sense of their right and left. It was very entertaining (and impressive) watching Sonja try to get these 8 kids to all move their right foot at the same time, and then their left foot all at the same time. After bouncing and stepping to the Men In Black theme song, it was time to practice skipping and galloping! I was really impressed with how well they skipped - that takes some serious coordination! But their galloping skills need a lot more practice :) After that, it was time for Freeze Dance! In case you don't know this game (Nick and I actually learned it many years ago at Piney Lake!), the instructor turns on the music and the kids dance their hearts out. When the music stops, you must FREEZE! If you are caught moving after the music stops, you're out! Today's winner was Patrick, who is a first grader who stole my heart this summer. I tutored him 3-4 times per week for a few weeks and we got to be good pals. I was so excited that he enrolled as a full time student this fall. Today he was wearing an eye patch - he is super cute! It really made my day to see these kids so excited and happy to be moving all around and dancing.

Tomorrow we go to the doctor again- I'll be 40 weeks!

No comments: